This post is about an easy piano arrangement of Amazing Grace Easy Piano 3 Steps.
Before watching the piano tutorial below, it is best to print out the sheet music for quick reference on the piano or keyboard.
The music note names are written in above each note to speed up your learning process.
3 Steps Piano Practice Tips for Amazing Grace
1. Your right hand will have to stretch back and forth with your thumb beginning on Middle C and your second finger placed on the first F above Middle C.
2. Start with right hand only. As you play the right hand notes say each letter name as you play each note. The letter names are printed clearly above each note as illustrated below in Step 5.
3. Just to clarify: The treble clef (right hand) notes appear above the staff. The bass clef (left hand) notes appear in between the 2 staves. See below.
If you like to sing then simply sing the words as you play the notes instead. Either way is a good way to track which note you are playing at the time you go.
4. Another good practice tip for this piece is to practice left hand notes separately along with the piano video tutorial before putting hands together.
5. Notice that the time signature is 3/4 time.
There are 3 beats in every measure except the first measure.
The first measure has a quarter note on Middle C used as a pick up note.
Think of this as the same thing as waltz time and emphasize the first beat of each measure: 1 2 3/ 1 2 3
Amazing Grace Piano Sheet Music
Begin learning the Amazing Grace Sheet Music by practicing your right hand by itself several times. Then follow the same method to learn the left hand notes. This will make playing hands together successfully much faster.
Easy Piano Sheet Music Links