Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy Piano Tutorial Level 3 Pdf is delightful. This shortened and simplified arrangement is by Gilbert DeBenedetti.
Find the link to the free sheet music below.
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy Piano Tutorial Level 3 Pdf
Free Piano Sheet Music Level 3
Click here to print free pdf to Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
Piano Practice Suggestions
- View the entire Piano Tutorial first.
- Notice that the piece is in the key of e minor with f sharp in the keysignature.
- Place both hands in the E Position to begin.
- Practice hands separately along with the tutorial as instructed.
- Play right hand one octave higher the second time through as indicated on the music.
History of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
The following history excerpt is from Wikipedia and is entitled The Nutcracker Suite.
The libretto was by Marius Petipa. Petipa began work on the choreography in August 1892. However, illness removed him from its completion. Then his assistant Lev Ivanov took over.
Pavel Gerdt was Prince Coqueluche.
Stanislava Belinskaya played Clara and Sergei Legat as the Nutcracker-Prince.
The children’s roles were performed by real children. They were students of the Imperial Ballet School in Saint Petersburg.
The first performance of The Nutcracker was not deemed a success. The reaction to the dancers themselves was ambivalent.
Some critics praised Dell’Era on her pointework as the Sugar Plum Fairy. She allegedly received five curtain-calls!