Thirds with 1 3 5 in C position piano focuses on the interval of a third. Learn to recognize a third on the grand music staff. This will help you learn to read music for any musical instrument.
Thirds with 1 3 5 in C Position Piano
The 1 3 5 refers to the right hand thumb, 3rd and 5th fingers. Those fingers play the C Major chord in the C position. See Video.
For more basic information on how to read music by interval on any instrument you should look here.
Piano Practice Tips
- All notes in this exercise are half notes. They each receive 2 beats each. Be sure to count 1, 2 on each note.
- Keep your right hand in the same C position throughout the piece.
- Notice all notes in this piece are line notes. Moving from one line note to another is always the interval or distance of a 3rd.
- Take your time with this piece and enjoy learning it. It is a very simple piece to learn.
- DO NOT skip the part of whisper counting 1.2 on each half note. This really programs your brain to internalize this note value forever.
Piano Learning Links
Music Note Value Table – Quarter note, half note, dotted half note and whole note
Free Beginner Piano Sheet Music – Titles such as Ode to Joy, Amazing Grace, Love Me Tender, Happy Birthday and more